Monday, February 7, 2011

Zippered waterproof pouch

I have a Year 9 class this year, who I am teaching basic skills to. Currently we are looking at surface decoration skills and will be exploring decoration techniques such as couching, dyeing, printing, use of other materials, applique etc. The students are then required to apply their newly leart skills to design and make an item that 'carries something' and of course they mostly want to make i phone cases and I pod cases etc.
Today I quickly whipped up this example using clear vinyl on the outside so it does not get wet and a nice print on the inside. I didn't have time to embellish my fabric and just wanted to test out the pattern I was using before I showed it to the students.
Am thinking about sending it to my MMM ( Make mine modern ) partner in her swap package..... what do you think ?

1 comment:

  1. It's great! I SO wish that I'd been able to take sewing classes in school! You've got some lucky students :)

    ReplyDelete