Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Scrap swap


It's still a little crazy around here at the moment !! We have just got back from my brother's wedding in melbourne ( another post about that later ) and I have soooooo much on my plate at the moment that sometimes I don't know what to finish first ! I have orders for buntings coming out my ears, bee blocks to make and send, kiah's christmas stocking to start, christmas gifts to make..... and on top off all this I join another swap !

The lovely Kat is hosting a 'scrap swap' where you make something out of scraps for your partner, send some scraps a an item 'specific' to you local area. Sounds like fun doesn't it !!!

I requested a journal cover/ notebook cover and or a pouch. The inspiration I posted can be seen below and I hope it gives my partner some idea of what I like...


My partner is into bright colours and some fabrics I don't normally work with but thats o.k.....

So far I have made a mug rug :




The 'cross' was straight until I started quilting... hopefully my partner can look past that slight imperfection. Another item to go with it is yet to be made... but I have plans !














No comments:

Post a Comment