Monday, January 24, 2011

Isabella's quilt - is almost there !

In september 2010 I started a quilt for my daughter Isabella. I managed to secure a small amount of the entire Moda 'Blush' range ( yummy !) and wanted to make a quilt for her bed which she will move into very soon. With the help from the girls at 'Bee seam piecing downunder' I sent out my fabrics and requested this block:

They were all super fast in returning them, but once layed out I thought the 'white square' in the middle looked way to plain. Some after some thought, I appliqued a different print from the range in the middle of each square and went around the edges with pink or aqua blanket stitching. Time consuming - yes !!!, but well worth the effort.

24 blocks later and a large 5 inch border, which was needed to fit the king single bed I am about to send it away to a professional long arm quilter.


So all that will be left to do will be to hand stitch the binding when it comes back and....


it will be FINISHED !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment