In september 2010 I started a quilt for my daughter Isabella. I managed to secure a small amount of the entire Moda 'Blush' range ( yummy !) and wanted to make a quilt for her bed which she will move into very soon. With the help from the girls at 'Bee seam piecing downunder' I sent out my fabrics and requested this block:
They were all super fast in returning them, but once layed out I thought the 'white square' in the middle looked way to plain. Some after some thought, I appliqued a different print from the range in the middle of each square and went around the edges with pink or aqua blanket stitching. Time consuming - yes !!!, but well worth the effort.