Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Published !!!

Way back in 2009, I had this idea to put together a range of recipes for Hospitality students and teachers that helps to deliver core competencies and provide a diverse range of industry type skills. At the time and to date their was nothing like that available, and as a teacher we are often time poor and have limit time to search for new and interesting recipes.

So this idea transpired into this :

From idea to conception the book took almost 14 months !!!

I spent some time in Sydney with a professional food photographer and cooked, and photographed over 80 items in a week !!

The book is designed for school students and covers all hospitality basic modules but also covers basic kitchen skills so it is suitable to everyone !

It also has review and revision questions in it and come with a teachers DVD resource with extra recipes, ideas and assessments

Wow... I can't believe I have my copies in my hot little hand. I have been involved with the publication of 3 other textbooks - 2 for Cambridge and 1 for John Wiley but this is my first sole publication !!

I think I will have to have a glass of champagne tonight..... non alcoholic of course !

If anyone ones to get a copy see link here

1 comment: