Saturday, September 10, 2011

Matching quilts

Remember the dresden plate quilt in Moda 'Bliss' I was making for Isabella ..... well after the 12 blocks were down I added a scrappy border around the outside and it really 'finished' it off.


I sent it away to be professionally quilted ..... and it's back, just waiting for the handsewing of the binding to be done !




The 'before' and 'after' shots





I love how when the backing and wadding are added, the quilt gets that loved, wrinkly look to it !Now it's time to work on Kiah's quilt. Same design but made in Moda's 'Ruby' range.




Love how hers is coming along as well ! Am getting a few blocks made in my 'Sew Australia' bee which means it should be finished fairly quickly ! I am sooooooooooo impatient though !!! I will have them quilted in the same pattern so they will be similar but different !









1 comment:

  1. They look wonderful!! I love Dresdens and the fabric is perfect for little girls! Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete