Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spicing up the kitchen - swap

O.k... I admit it. My name is Kelly and I am addicted to swaps, and Virtual quilting bees and anything sewing related or crafty in fact !! When you see all the gorgeous and beautiful things that people create how can you not be ???

So I have joined the 'Spicing up the kitchen' swap - where you get assigned a secret partner and make an item from their list. Obviously as the name suggests it is something kitchen related such as place mats, napkins, pot holders, tea towels, aprons etc.

I am secretly hoping for a small table runner or place mats or an apron... but anything dear partner ! Stick to something that is 'red' and you should be right !!!

This is one end of my kitchen - the 'sticks' are in the draws so I don't have a 2 year old constantly emptying them to do her 'cooking' ! Off the kitchen we have a small living area with a square table. The ironing board normally isn't there but I couldn't be bothered to put it away and plus when a 2 year old is sleeping your time is limited and precious !

Looking back in the opposite direction and into our formal lounge room


So simple clean lines and an uncluttered look is one my kitchen looks like - unless I have been cooking and have not cleaned up ! Hope this helps partner... can't wait to get my person i am creating for !!

In the mean time I better finish my bag for the Goodie bag swap !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment