Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Work in progress - Matryoshka quilt

With Isabella in day care and Matt at work I have a bit of 'free time' on my hands - but for how much longer will depend on when bubba decides to come. If i didn't have unbelievable insomnia, heart burn and nausea I would really be enjoying the time to myself and enjoying some much needed sewing time. I have a list of unfinished projects that is just way to long that it is embarrassing.

One of the things that I am desperate to finish is a winter quilt for Isabella based on Rosalie Quinlan's Matryoshka dolls. I love the bright reds, aquas and green and it is made out of the lovely lecien flower sugar range. The design is simple but these little dolls are just the cutest !
!

Laying out the blocks.....





I just have to sew the rows together and add a border, quilt it and bind it and I can tick that one of the list !!


I have this romantic, unrealistic idea that I will made Isabella a new quilt every year ... but

- when do I stop ???

- if I have another girl I will have to do the same. I don't think I boy would really care.

I think I should just quit while I am ahead and made a winter and summer quilt !!

No comments:

Post a Comment